Head of Digital Transformation at AEVIS VICTORIA SA
1. Since when does Clinique de Génolier (CDG) has had the need to get a better overview for the planning of surgeries?
Since forever, we have many usecases/business processes requiring optimization, it just took a while to be able to prioritize this one.
2. What caused the need for change?
When Fluance had access to all the appropriate data to produce the Whiteboard we decided it was time to do the last 20% of the effort and deliver this data to the clinics in an appropriate and ergonomic way.
3. How did the «Surgery Board» affect the work of physicians and nursing staff?
They now have an instant access to the surgery planning, they don’t need to call or walk every time they need an information. They also can better prepare their workday with one consolidated overview and save a lot of time by just knowing when an operation is delayed. For management, we are now able to see the overall activity of surgery and understand factually what creates delays and bottlenecks in the surgery processes.
4. How was the collaboration with Fluance AG from your point of view?
Excellent, they were able to efficiently provide us with a first version which was then iterated very quickly. They understood the need well from the beginning on.
5. If you could decide again to realise the “Surgery Board” with Fluance – would you do it again?
6. What would you advise other clinics to do, who struggle with same kind of problems as CDG did before “Surgery Board” was available?
Buy a big screen with a computing stick, put the Whiteboard on it. You won’t regret it.
7. What is the added value of having a middleware ecosystem supporting a project like this? Why not go with the usual softwares?
I believe there is no future without a middleware, legacy architecture are hard to scale and maintain. It always seems like a quick win at the beginning but never on the long run. For us, who invested in the middleware before this project, it was an no brainer. Surgery planning solution (like many other software) are not personalized enough for our need, cannot be distributed (fat client) as efficiently as the Whiteboard (web).
8. Last but not least: How do you feel now after it’s done? Did you celebrate with your team?
Well, for us it’s not over yet, we have not yet rolled it out in every business unit, hopefully we will celebrate it before 2020 ends.
Michael Salom, thank you for this interview!